Friday, September 26, 2008

Claire's Nursery


Claire's precious nursery is finished and I could not be more pleased. After blood, sweat, tears, and about 6 sets of baby bedding the finished product looks amazing. When the original pink bedding that I ordered from Restoration Hardware arrived I was sorely disappointed. With our Khaki colored walls, the pink bedding looked so boring. Nauseated by the thought of having to paint the nursery pink, I set out on a journey to find new baby bedding that would make my khaki walls sparkle. Who was I kidding? I mean really- khaki is plain and adorable baby bedding is hard to find. Nonetheless, I continued my hormone induced search and returned with about 5 new sets of bedding. What I brought home didn't look any better- it actually looked worse. So, what was I to do? Well, Josh loved the pink bedding and thought I should stick with that. Really? Well I hated it! Then my Mom and Fabi came down. You guessed it- they like the pink bedding also and even thought I should paint the walls pink. Were they crazy? I thought so! I told them we would talk to Josh when He got in from work. When Josh got home we had a "family meeting" regarding the nursery decorations. It involved me crying in the rocking chair while Josh tried to convince me that this decision would, in fact, not stop the world from turning. The funny thing is, I genuinely didn't believe him. Momentarily my world HAD stopped turning. Why was I being so crazy? It is a wonder that I have any family or friends that will even speak to me when I am being such an idiot. I was so mean to everyone! (sorry guys) Finally we (I) decided (agreed) to go with the pink bedding and pink walls. I mean, at this point my life was over anyway so what would pink walls hurt? What a big old baby I was! To make this long story a little shorter- we proceeded to Home Depot and after 2 tries of pink paint colors we settled on Cupid's Arrow. My mom (who is clearly made of steel, iron, and energy) painted the whole nursery with 2 coats in 1 day. She and Josh both painted the bathroom. When the painting was finished, I still didn't like the color. What an ungrateful little brat! If I had been my own mother, I would have killed me, or at least smacked me! That was the thanks she got. After she left, I was on a mission to find anything dark brown to go on my walls and break up all of the pink that was EVERYWHERE. I found some very beautiful things and when Mom was back in town she, Fabi, Josh, & I put everything on the walls. (can you believe she came back after the way I acted?!) Finally, the nursery looked amazing and I absolutely loved it. Still do. Josh's mom Marsha also came down one day and helped me get started with the stencils that are painted on the wall. Who knew that people still stenciled? I had a crazy idea to try it and I love it. Josh also helped get the memory verse on the wall s. It took a village, but it is perfect! If you would like to see the pictures of the process and the finished product, be my guest. Just click here!

2 comments:

danielle said...

your nursery looks fantabulous! great story, too. =)

Mike & Leanne said...

Claire's nursery is AWESOME!!! I love it. You did such a great job. I can't wait till she is here. You will love being a mom and of course you will be a great one.