Tuesday, September 30, 2008

36 Week Check Up News!!!

I went to the MD today for my 36 week check up. My cervix is still closed, but I am 80% effaced (thinned out). That really doesn't mean a whole lot, but that's the state of my cervix. Then, I let the Doctor know that the baby has not been as active the past couple of days. We got an ultrasound to check her movement and fluid level. (The fluid around her had decreased at the last ultrasound on 9-19-08, so it was worth checking out today.) The ultrasound today showed that the fluid was lower than it was on 9-19 and the MD informed me that I was to rest, drink plenty of fluid, and come back this Thursday for a follow up ultrasound. She also said that I should not eat anything before the ultrasound because if the fluid is lower I need to be prepared to go to the hospital to have my baby. WHAT!? Yes I just said possibly have my baby on Thursday!! I was really surprised, but that is the news that I received. It is so crazy to imagine that I might be holding my baby within the next 48-72 hours. I really do not have a feeling either way as to what will happen on Thursday. However, I am confident that this situation is in God's hands and feel total peace about it. Only HE knows when the moment of her birth will be. Until Thursday I plan on eating lots of good food, watching movies, and relaxing on the couch. . Anyway, I will try to update this blog on Thursday and keep everyone posted. If I happen to be in labor on Thursday, I will update everyone whenever I can. Probably sometime within the next 18yrs...

No comments: