Thursday, October 02, 2008

CLAIRE IS COMING TOMORROW!!!!

It's rather weird to know the day that your child will be born, but I am glad I have had time to pack and mentally prepare. Today when I had the ultrasound the MD informed us that Claire's fluid is still low. She then told us that we could either have her today, or go back home to return on Monday for another ultrasound. She explained that we could be running a risk to wait until Monday if the fluid continued to decrease. I just told the doctor that I wanted what was best for Claire and that I did not want to make the decision about having her today vs. waiting until Monday. That's what I pay her for- right? :) She decided to go ahead and check my cervix and found that I was 2cm dilated. She then proceeded to "strip my membranes" (medical speak for attempting to rip your insides out..ha). After the stripping of the membranes she sent us home stating that if I did not go into labor naturally that we should be at the hospital at 6:30 am tomorrow (10-3-08) for medical induction. So far I am having contractions, but they are no different than the contractions I have been having since 26 weeks. I am seriously praying that my body will kick into gear and start laboring naturally. I do not want that mean old pitocin that starts the medical induction!!! Just pray that things will progress and that God will get me through this! I am really excited to see Claire on the outside, but we are getting along together just fine with her on the inside!

2 comments:

Mike & Leanne said...

Praying for you and Claire and hope you have a safe delivery. Thinking of you.

Kara said...

I assume that you have had Claire by now!!! Congrats! Carter's birthday was October 1st!