Friday, January 30, 2009

Meet Claire!


Claire is a DREAM baby. She goes to bed around 8pm, wakes up to nurse around 3am and then sleeps again until 8am. She has cried twice in her life and her smiles just light up the room. I know that a baby this good is not the norm, so I am enjoying every minute. She still sleeps beside our bed in her bassinet. This is for my comfort, not hers. I love waking up and being able to see her in the night. She is beautiful always, but especially when she sleeps. She has slept all night long in her crib, but I just miss her too much to leave her there. She turns 4 months old January 3rd and I can't believe it! She is trying to sit up on her on now and is working on her head control. The head control is coming along, but she HATES tummy time, so I have to get creative when I try to help her use her neck muscles. She loves to shake her rattle and bring everything she touches to that sweet little mouth. She is so aware of everything around her now that I can hardly nurse her. She will eat a little, then look around a little, then eat some more, then look at me and smile. Nursing has become an Olympic sport! My favorite nursing session is the 3am feeding while she is still partly asleep and fully concentrated on eating- it reminds me of how she nursed when she was tiny and didn't realize there was a whole new world around her. Josh is just as in love with her as I am. At times, he will wake up with us at 3am and talk to her while she nurses. He loves to talk to her and hold her. She really loves her daddy too!! Her personality is very laid back. She is content and goes with the flow. She doesn't cry if she is hungry or sleepy, she will just call out "UGG" and we know what she needs. One of her favorite past times is filling up her pants in the car seat. Last week she set a new record- in route to the mall she managed to shoot poo up to her shoulders! That earned her a full out wardrobe change in the Dillard's bathroom. I wish that I would have taken her picture! So now, my days are mainly spent cooking, cleaning, and loving on our baby. I am so thankful for what we have and am still amazed daily by God's provision! My Picasa website stays updated with new pictures and the link is still active on this blog. I am going to put some of my favorite pics. on here too! Love you all and hope you enjoy all of our pictures and blogs!

2 comments:

davis family said...

love that you finally updated your blog. yea!!! now i can look at it on a regular basis and see how my little friend claire is doing.

erika said...

Hi Rebekah! Claire is a beauty! I just wish our girls could play together. Her disposition sounds similar to Emily's. Emily will be one next week (sniff sniff, tears here...). I can't believe the time has gone so quickly. Your pics are great...we have many of the same outfits and baby gear-guess we have good taste for our princesses! Take care and keep the updates coming.
love
Erika
PS Emily slept in her bassinett next to our bed until she was 6 months old. No worries, she sleeps in her crib without any problems now. It was totally for MY comfort too (and easier to pick her, nurse her and then put her back down!)