Thursday, August 21, 2008

Baby Shower Bliss

In lieu of my pregnancy prescribed "Nashville arrest" my family brought my first baby shower all the way to me from KY!!! I am not allowed to leave Nashville until Claire is here. My amazing sister-in-law Penny packed her mini-van absolutely full with shower food, cake, 2 kids, 1 husband, and all the necessities to prepare food and stay a weekend in a hotel. I know. We have all confirmed that she is indeed superwoman. You should have seen this woman turn and burn in a hotel room kitchen and then transport all the home-made goods in a mini-van an hour away to Gallatin TN. Amazing. Then, Josh's cousin Amy opened up her beautiful home to everyone and hosted the greatest baby shower ever. Josh's Aunt Belinda also transported food from Ky and helped get everything prepared. In addition, my mother and father-in-law packed their church van with eager family members and toted them all to Nashville so they could ride together and save on gas. God has blessed my family with some amazing, amazing people for whom I am very grateful! As if all of those blessings were not enough, the shower itself was wonderful. The spread of food provided looked like nothing less than something you would see on the cover of Southern Living magazine, and the presents that we received were fantastic! At the end of the shower Amy handed out prayers of blessing (on perfectly decorated paper) for each person to pray aloud over baby Claire and continue praying at home. That was emotional to say the least, but the most precious gift. When I recovered from the activities of the weekend I awoke in FULL BLOWN nesting mode. Nothing and no one is safe in my home right now- until everything is in order and my hospital bag is packed. I know that theoretically I should have 10 weeks left, but I am not banking on it. Do pray for my dear husband as we have already made 5 trips to babies-r-us in the last five days. Okay- that's an exaggeration- but not by much. He has been awesome through all of this and I am so thankful for him! If you would like to see pictures from the lovely event look to the options on the right and click under the Pictures of Family & Friends tab and you will be taken to our family photo page.

No comments: