Wednesday, August 20, 2008

How it all began..


Our pregnancy journey began February 14, 2008. I know- Valentine's Day! We were both thrilled! I had been using a fertility monitor, counting days, and charting temperatures to optimize our chances of conception. Now that I write all of that it seems like I was a little obsessed. :) Oh well. Thanks to my obsessive tendencies I knew that I should be able to take an early pregnancy test on Valentine's Day. I had previously developed an elaborate plan in my head about how I would tell Josh if we were indeed pregnant. It involved a romantic dinner and decorated cake. Strangely as soon as I read the word "pregnant" on my testing stick the plans flew out the window. I ran frantically from my bathroom to Josh's and screamed, "Happy Valentine's Day we're pregnant!!" Classic. Big elaborate deal or not- the end result was the same- euphoria! Our first MD appointment 3/13/08 confirmed our pregnancy by ultrasound. We even saw the heartbeat! Then 4/14/08 we saw the MD and heard the precious heartbeat! We had our 20 week ultrasound 6/6/08 and learned that we were having a perfect baby girl! We decided to name her Claire Elizabeth.

No comments: